If you’re here I’m sure you are doing some form of SEO or website optimisation looking to check image alt tags are set correctly. Ensuring if Alt Tags are set on all images is important so as Google crawls your site it has a text based description of what the image is. As smart as Google is, it can’t determine exactly what an image is without some help. Using the Alt tag helps in many ways but the two biggest ways are:a higher ranking from Google as your websites HTML is structured better; and it increases search traffic through Google Image Search as people can now find your images much easier
So how do we check Alt tagsÂ set?
Installing Umbraco is pretty simple but it’s always good to have a reference as general it isn’t something you do too often. This tutorial aimsÂ to step you through how to install Umbraco on your local computer so if there is anything I have missed please comment below.What you need A Windows PC (mine is running Windows 10) Microsoft Visual Studio (I use the Community Edition because it’s free, you can find it hereÂ https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx) Microsoft SQL Server with Tools (I use the 2014 version which can be found hereÂ https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=42299) Microsoft .NET 4.5 [...]
We have had a lot of occasions lately where clients have an Umbraco site but then want to run a promotion and point a domain to a promotional landing page. In the past (before they migrated to Umbraco) we used to just build flat HTML pages and run off a separate server but now we setupÂ Umbraco multi domains so we can point domains to custom landing pages (or internal nodes) in a minute.
Here’s how we do it…In IIS add a new binding to the site in question:
Go into the backend of Umbraco and on the node you’d like to point the new domain to, right click then click Cultures and Hostnames:
I’ve never had to useÂ conditional logic in Umbraco forms before but as soon as I did, it didn’t work as it looks like there is a Umbraco 7 forms logic bug. It appeared that I’ve setup everything in the backend correctly but I was getting an error saying:
“jquery Unexpected end of input”
Sounds simple enough but took me a little bit of time to find.
In \Views\Partials\Forms\Scripts.cshtml on line 11 these is this line of code:
<input type=”hidden” id=”values_@Model.FormClientId” value=”@Html.Raw(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(Model.Pages.SelectMany(p => p.Fieldsets).SelectMany(fs [...]